Middleville, South Christian and Catholic Central all finished within 8 points of each other at the top of the conference standings.
All eight singles and doubles flights finished in 2nd or 3rd place for the Trojan team.
1st and 4th singles players Grace Brown and Kayla VanGessel finished 2nd in their flights. Grace only lost 1 game in two matches on her way to the finals. Kayla played a great match defeating Catholic Central in straight sets to reach the finals.
Second and third singles players Lexie Bays and Hayley Bashore both finished third. Lexie had straight set wins against Hastings and Wayland. Hayley had a long match against Hastings, and won in three sets.
1st doubles – Kari Johnson and Rachael Ranes played an outstanding match against conference champion South Christian. We made some great decisions and played solid tennis over the entire match. We just came up a little short at the end. Our first doubles team earned the respect of the conference coaches and were selected to the all-conference team.
2nd doubles – Michelle Lindemulder and Alex Wilkinson won a big match for the team with a hard fought three set win over South Christian. This was probably the best we have played at this flight all year. Both players have improved their skills and court awareness over the season and it paid off big in this match. We made great decisions with aggressive net play during this match.
Our third and fourth doubles teams both finished third in the tournament. Third doubles won a big match against Catholic Central and fourth doubles showed their senior experience by not breaking when it counted while winning a hard fought three set match against Hastings.
1. Grace Brown won 6-0, 6-0 against Ottawa Hills and Wayland 6-0, 6-1. She lost in the finals to Catholic Central 6-0, 6-1and finished 2nd.
2. Lexie Bays won 6-2, 6-1 against Hastings. She lost to South Christian 6-3, 6-2, and defeated Wayland 6-4, 6-2 to finish third.
3. Hayley Bashore defeated Wayland 6-1, 6-2, lost to catholic Central 6-2, 6-2 and defeated Hastings 6-2, 6-7 (3), 6-2 and finished third.
4. Kayla VanGessel defeated Ottawa Hills 6-0, 6-0 and Catholic Central 6-3, 6-4. She lost in the finals to South Christian 6-2, 6-1.
1. Kari Johnson and Rachael Ranes defeated Wayland 6-0, 6-4, lost to South Christian 6-4, 7-6 (3) and defeated Ottawa Hills 6-0, 6-0. Our best doubles team finished in third place.
2. Michelle Lindemulder and Alex Wilkinson defeated Wayland 6-1, 6-1 and South Christian 6-3, 3-6, 6-3 and lost to Catholic Central in the finals 6-3, 6-2 to finish second.
3. Abby Wright and Braelyn Durkee defeated Ottawa Hills 6-1, 6-0, lost to Hastings 7-5, 2-6, 6-4, and defeated Catholic Central 6-1, 2-6, 6-1 and finished in third place.
4. Kenzie Kollar and Katie Hanshaw defeated Wayland 6-3, 6-0, lost to Catholic Central 6-1, 6-1 and defeated Hastings 5-7, 6-4, 6-4 to finish third.